- Describe different philosophies of education
- Describe characteristics of one philosophy of education
- Connect characteristics of one philosophy of education to instructional methods and classroom management
- Write a brief I-statement on students’ emerging philosophy of education
- Differentiate between educational philosophy and ideology
Think and write on the following guiding questions
- What does being a teacher mean?
- What are the aspects that make teachers what teachers are?
- What should be taught?
- How should it be taught?
- Why is it important to teach….(insert content)?
- What is knowledge?
- How does knowledge become learned by students?
- What is the relationship between teacher and student?
Whether you are aware or not, you have begun writing philosophical statements about education and being a teacher. After sharing your answers, please do the following:
- Complete the Educational Philosophies Self-Assessment Survey
- Compile your score using Educational Philosophies Self-Assessment Scoring Guide
What does this survey reveal about your underlining philosophy?
Do you agree or disagree with this assessment? Explain.
What might this survey reveal with your reasons for becoming a teacher?